This is a new adventure for me, chronicling the life of the Holbritters. But I feel like I want to start writing down what happens in our
All in all, today has been a relatively laidback day. We took the boys to get their pictures taken...I have to give a major shoutout to Beth Smith (Beth Smith Photography). She is great with the boys...even when they aren't in the greatest of moods...Turk was a ham (of course), Bear needed to warm up (he was motivated by the promise of a lollipop), and Lightning got slightly grumpy - until he was able to be in pictures by himself, then the charm was turned on! When we got home, Chris took the older boys out to shovel for the first time (yes, the first time...he ended up going out THREE times today!)
Now it is time for Penguins hockey...being the lonely girl, I watch A LOT of sports. Luckily, I don't mind it too much. I do have to say that my favorite part of any sporting event is watching my boys stand at attention during the National Anthem. Watching them with their hands over their hearts makes me so proud. (And since it is hockey, they also give the same respect to the singing of O Canada.)
Today was a day of actually enjoying the gifts that I have been given. My husband, my Turk, my Bear, my Lightning, and our warm home. I really needed today...a nice step back from the craziness that is usually every day.

No comments:
Post a Comment