Today is Sunday...that typically means football A.L.L. day (both on TV and the incessant discussion of Chris & Turk's fantasy teams). But today was an unusual Sunday for me...I was able to have a Girls Day, and what is more girly than a bridal show?!
Chris' sister puts together this FANTABULOUS bridal show in Lancaster, and before the boys came along, I would help her in some way every year (I was even a runway model one year...), but I had to take some time off when the boys started arriving. It was a wonderful time. I was a greeter, and I think I was the first person to call most of those girls a "bride". That word brought giddiness to most of the ladies there.
Initially, I started thinking about all that I would miss by not having a daughter. But then, when I actually thought about it, I was relieved more than anything. Remembering all of the planning and frustration of wedding-ness, as well as the simple thing of COST, made me grateful that my title will be "mother of the groom".
I had an amazing day today with my friend/sister-in-law, but nothing was better than walking in the door and having my boys run to me for hugs, Lightning's face when he realized he could eat, and then sitting down to watch the Steelers game -- which I enjoyed SO much more since I was away from football all afternoon.
Someday I will be humming "Here Comes the Bride" and I will be humming about that special lady that my son has realized God placed in his life (such as our dear KK - Bear's "future wife"...we shall discuss betrothals at a later date). But for now, I will rest in the luxury that I am my sons' special lady...
Aww thank you for the kind words and thank you SO VERY MUCH for helping out on Sunday. It was nice to spend time with you since we don't see each other as often as we'd like!
ReplyDelete