Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A is for...

Wow, is it really April already?  Has Easter come and gone?  The past month has just flown by.

Turk has started playing T-ball, and he L-O-V-E-S it!  Not that I am a proud mom or anything, but he is one of two players that can throw from third base to first base and make it!  Bear is practicing right along with him, and hopefully he will understand when it comes to gametime that he can't play.  With playing baseball, comes watching baseball on TV...which ranks on Chris' list of fun things just above a root canal...really...

The boys have decided that they have two favorite baseball teams -- the Detroit Tigers (the Easter Bunny -- Grammy & PaPaT -- conveniently got them ballcaps for their Easter baskets this year) for the American League and the Pittsburgh Pirates for the National League.  Although, I am sure that when they are with "their" Jason, they will be Phillies fans.

Lightning is quite busy getting into everything.  He is cruising around the furniture, and on occasion, letting go for a few seconds.  I can't believe that he is getting soo big!

This year for Easter, we took the boys to Ohio to go visit their Grammy & PaPaT, their great grandparents, and many of my cousins (and their children).  It was a very bittersweet, but necessary trip.  My Grandma Taylor is beginning to advance in Alzheimer's Disease.  She knew who I was once, although she knew who Chris was every time.  She also knew who Bear was, but not always sure who Turk was.  I knew that this would likely be the last trip that I would take to Ohio that she would know who I was, and I thought I was prepared for that, but it still hurt.  Chris' grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's, so I thought I could handle it, but the only way to say it is that Alzheimer's sucks!  For everyone...the person that it is dealing with it, their caregivers, and anyone else that comes in contact!

I also had the privilege of meeting all of my cousin's children.  They are all so precious, and watching them play with my boys reminded me of growing up with my cousins.  I also got to meet my cousin's son, Matthew (I just love that name!).  He is 3 1/2, and was recently diagnosed with autism.  He is just a dear soul, and I loved that held my hand and went for a walk with me.  My cousins, Dan & Evangeline are new in this struggle, but I know that they will only look for what is best for their treasure!

I am thankful every day for the little glimpses of heaven that I do have.  The smiles, twinkles, tormenting and kisses from my boys (including their dad), the fact that my grandma did remember my name one last time, and that walk that Matt-man and I took on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment