![]() |
| Father's Day 2011 |
Because of this job, I have found myself learning how boys interact with each other, without Chris around to tell me what was "normal" or not. Here is what I have learned (or what I am still learning)...
- Body-slamming can be a good thing.
- Boys can be louder than the dog barking. (A shocker for those of you who know Captain.)
- Boys can be JUST as whiny as girls (if not more).
- Calmness ONLY happens after they have fallen asleep.
- The easiest way to a man's (or boy's) heart is his stomach. (Really - this isn't just a cliche! Just check out my grocery bill!)
Just tonight, Turk and Bear were running through the house trying to get each other to the ground, and LAUGHING the entire time. Surprisingly, the evening turned out quite nice (they don't always - shocker, I know), even with the wrestling. I love how God places these glimpses exactly when I need them. I pray that I will be able to keep them in my heart so that I can be reminded of them.
At first, this alone time was quite overwhelming for me. But I now cherish it. I know that it will be gone before I know it.

No comments:
Post a Comment