Friday, December 2, 2011

Uncharted Territory

Have you met my Lightning?  This is how you can find him most days...


Except for the past week...pretty much all day, this is how he has been...


Or this...

 
Lightning is our first child that has been downright GRUMPY when it comes to teething.  I am sure that a huge part is that he is working on three teeth at the same time.  But this is something that is new to Chris and I.  Turk and Bear were almost "too" pleasant when they were teething.  We would use Orajel and that would be enough of the whining.  We would use Tylenol or Motrin for fevers only.  Lightning, however...

This has been a week of cocktails, well 9 month old style.  Life is bearable when we use Tylenol with Motrin, and then Orajel before anything comes close to his mouth.  My poor baby...

I am amazed at the similarities that my boys have, but just as amazed at the differences.  I really enjoy seeing their similarities (their L-O-O-O-O-O-N-G eyelashes, their room brightening smiles) and their differences (teething, toilet training, appetites/food choices).  It is a brief glimpse at how God made each and everyone of us.  We are all different - like snowflakes - but together we make a community/nation/world. 

I know that such differences in a family are normal, but I am not sure that I am liking this difference...

No comments:

Post a Comment