Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Big Boys...

Today Turk and Bear had their annual well-child checks.  That means that they get to see their dear friend, Dr. Haught, and his friend, nurse Tina.  Tina loves all of my boys...she calls them gorgeous, and they flirt right back with her.

Turk is now up to 41lb and Bear is 34.5lb...yes, they are only 6.5lb different in size.  My Bear is in the 68th percentile for height.
Thankfully, it was a rather painless visit (they only had to get the Flu-mist, not the shot).  I think that I had the most "pain" -- they REALLY needed a nap.

Next, we went to Ollie's, the children shoe store.  And both of them got new sneakers, which means that they can't stop running (because their "shoes are too fast").  They were so thankful, and so excited!  "Poor" Lightning just sat on my lap and flirted with anyone who moved near him.

Today was supposed to be different.  I wasn't supposed to take the boys for their appointment, Chris was.  But things change (a given in both parenthood AND being the spouse of an EMS provider), and I was able to take them.  I say "was able" because it is a true blessing -- I had missed a couple appointments of Lightning's, so I think that I appreciated today's trip so much more.

It is true, absence DOES make the heart grow fonder (even in the case of doctor's appointments)!

No comments:

Post a Comment