Friday, November 4, 2011

Talk about Faith



Are you trying to figure out who this is?  Don't worry, you may not know him.  His name is Matt, and he has been in the paper at least 3 times since April.  You see, he is a local police officer that was in a horrible car accident in April -- first time in the paper.  In September, he returned to work (pretty quick turn around for a severe head injury) -- second time.  This morning, he delivered a baby in a hotel room -- third time.  We Holbritters have never met him.  But we are praising God about him.

You see, Matt went to high school with our boys' beloved Jason.  After his car accident, the boys started praying EVERY night for "Jason's friend".  And I mean EVERY night...if Chris or I forgot to say "Jason's friend" during prayers, the boys were quick to add him.

Turk and Bear have never met Matt, and I'm not sure if they ever will.  But this mommy is proud to say that she was reminded about faith from her boys.  Mark 10.15 says "Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." (NIV).  Turk and Bear without knowing this man, prayed and believed that he would be healed.  Not only am I proud of my boys, I am humbled...how often do I believe that God will do what He promised He would - take care of us, provide for our family, etc?

I am currently in training for a 5K that I will be running with Chris (hopefully) and my dear friend Elyse, and about 2000 of our closest friends, on Thanksgiving morning.  My training had been going pretty well...until yesterday.  I was scheduled to run 2 miles - it was going to be my first time running outside (not on the treadmill).  I was excited, but fear and doubt clouded my mind...honestly, I was beat before I started, at least mentally.  I made it about a mile, but then doubt and fear moved to the forefront.  I am going to try again tomorrow...encouraged by the boys' faith.  If they can pray and believe that someone that they have never met is going to be healed of a potentially life-altering injury, than I can run a simple 5K, right?

I guess I know what will be added to Turk and Bear's prayer list now...

1 comment: